To help release tension and tightness in the body, try these 5 yoga stretches for travel. You can try some of these poses in your seat, a designated standing area (ie., near the emergency exit of a plane), or at the airport gate or a train platform. Don't worry about any raised eyebrows that you might get; people will catch on! Or, just know that you will be the one that feels good in the end. :)
Open up the shoulders!
1. Interlace your fingers.
2. Tuck your hand behind your head.
3. Lift up out of your torso and/or your chest.
4. Drop your head back into your hands. 5. Bring your elbows out to the sides as long as it feels comfortable.
6. Take a few deep breaths.
Great for the shoulders when we are scrunched in our economy seats!
There are many ways to do a forward fold! Half or full, with knees bent or not. Whatever is comfortable and relaxing for you.
1. Relax the head, jaw, and shoulders.
2. Allow the arms to dangle.
3. Gently sway the body and/or neck from side to side.
4. Stay for a few breaths and let gravity do the work.